BABY BARNEY UPDATE.. We just wanted to give everyone an update on our tiny Baby Barney. Lovebugs Rescue rescued... https://t.co/mlhJ5HWPSB
Warning: Coyotes can injure or kill your pets
It’s August in Southern California and that means pet owners have something very dangerous to watch out for, COYOTES. Coyotes rear their pups in the Spring, and by July coyote pups are hungry and on the move. Why does this matter to you? Coyotes are very capable of killing dogs and cats. In fact, many Southern California dogs and cats are killed each year and the number of attacks and sightings are increasing.
• Do not feed coyotes
• Supervise your pets when they are outdoors
• Consider closing off your dog door, especially if you have a small dog
• Coyotes jump over fences, even an 8 foot fence is no detriment to a coyote
• Keep pet food and water indoors
• Keep lids on garbage cans
• Remove fallen fruit from trees
• Trim ground-level shrubbery to avoid hiding places
• Walk dogs on a short leash, keeping them close at your side
• Keep cats indoors
If a coyote approaches or acts aggressively, make noise, look big and pick up small children and pets. Do not turn your back to a coyote, just back away from it slowly.
Keep your Lovebugs safe!